Majority of the seniors after attaining a certain age find it difficult to even move safely around their homes. Hence, the question arises whether to move them into a senior living facility or to provide home-based care giving facility.
Why home senior care?
- Staying at home, the elderly can retain their physical possessions including those things they love. Most objects around the house are tied to some priceless memories. Hence, it is quite obvious that the senior will not be interested to leave them and move on to a new place. Moreover, some retirement homes have strict rules of not allowing pets. But at home, the elderly person is free to keep his pet that he/she is attached to. This does help reduce stress and tension.
- Seniors can now regain their freedom and independence with homecare as they age. Also, they can go out whenever and wherever they desire to without any hassle. They also can eat according to their moods and preferences. They will not be restricted or limited for anything. It is important to maintain sense of dignity, something most seniors’ fear of losing.
- Home living does help seniors to stay in good shape and health. Moving to a new place will mean having trouble to get adjusted to the new surroundings and people there. Moreover, being at home allows enjoying amongst familiar surroundings, people and family members.
- The elderly staying at their home with the help of homecare services can stay connected with extended family members and friends. They do not have to face restricted visiting hours or limited number of visitors. They are free to do anything they wish to and have a grand party.
- Assisted living facilities can be a bit expensive when compared to homecare services. Not everyone might afford it. The location also might be a bit far off thus causing inconvenience for family members and friends to visit. With their mortgage already paid off, moving to the retirement home can be an additional expense to bear. Hence, homecare can prove to be a fiscally responsible option, with just a few exceptions.
- With homecare services, the elderly can easily avoid emotional stress that is otherwise experienced from relocating to a new place. Following a new routine and living with new people can be difficult especially during the golden years of life. Maintaining continuity results in psychological well-being.
You can trust companies like Orchard Manor to provide top-notch senior homecare services.